Nepal is known for its great trekking trails and one of the popular ones known globally is the exciting Everest Base Camp Trek. The renowned Sherpas and the cultural practices of Buddhism are the key highlights of this trek along which you will find the popular town, Namche Bazzar, the Sagarmatha National Park that is a protected area in the Eastern Himalayan region dominated by Mt. Everest. The Sagarmatha National Park is recognized by UNESCO and declared world heritage site in 1979. It provides a great view point from Kala Patthar where the hikers finally reach the base camp that is close to four of the world’s six tallest peaks: Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho-Oyu.
A flight to Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla commences the journey to Everest. Starting the trek up through the Sagarmatha National Park, one is overcome by the variety of colorful breathtaking landscapes. From there, the journey ascends steeply to Namche Bazaar, the capital of Sherpas, where spectacular mountain views welcome the visitors. During the day of rest and acclimatization, you will get a chance to enjoy the culture and monasteries of the Sherpa village. You will also run into other mountaineers and can enjoy the wild life museums.
The path to Everest winds through the alpine forests teeming with wildlife, raging rivers and plummeting waterfalls, rocky trails, and Buddhist monasteries. At Kala Patthar, a marvelous 360-degree panorama awaits the exclusive visitors determined to reach the Himalayan high point. After achieving the target of Everest Base Camp, trekkers will return to Lukla for their flight back home.
Day to Day itinerary:
Met by an official representative of MSST upon arrival at the airport, transfer to hotel, followed by a welcome dinner where you will enjoy a typical Nepalese cuisine with folk dance. O/N in KTM.(View Full Itinerary)
1. All transportation as per itinerary with airport transfers.
2. Accommodation whilst in Kathmandu (as requirements with various categories as stated) on BB basis.
3. Guided city tour in Kathmandu with transportation.
4. Entrance fees of all temples, monuments and monasteries.
5. All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
6. Accommodation in best available Lodges, Guesthouses during the trek (twin sharing).
7. A local English speaking Government Guide during the trek.
8. The required number of staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
9. Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking/tour staff.
10. Sagrmatha (Everest) conservation’s park fees and TIMS(Trekker Information Management System) and other necessary permits.
11. Trekking equipment’s i.e.- down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel/kit bag and trekking pole (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
12. First aid medical kid.
13. Fare well and welcome dinner as stated.
14. Official expenses.
1. Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
2. Your travel insurance (compulsory).
3. International airfare and airport departure tax.
4. Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 90 days from date of issue.You will require 2 passport size photos, which we recommend to get in advance in your home country to avoid hassle from the crew mainly in high seasons (March-May, September- November).
5. Items of personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
6. Personal trekking gears.
7. Tips for trekking staff and driver. (which is not mandatory but highly appreciated).
8. Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Inclusion section. Back to Main Menu