Open to the visitors only in 2003, this trek takes you to the remote Nar phu valley inhabited by Nepalese Tibetans.Visited by very few trekkers, this exotic land offers medieval Tibetan culture in undisturbed form, dramatic mountain views and great alpine scenery in a Tibet-like flavor. On the second Phase of the trek, you will visit the pristine Tilicho lake –the highest in the world. This amazing trek is for adventurers in search of a real Shangri-la; it’s for those who do not mind crossing through challenging high passes, such as Masokanto La (5099m), Kangla pass (5200m) & Tilicho Pass (5230m). It’s for the trekker who wants to go above and beyond the standard trek of Nepal.
The journey starts Bensisahar, following the Popular Annapurna circuit trail, and branches off at Koto to follow the off the beaten track to Nar Phu valley in the very north of Manang . With slow ascent and proper acclimatization, you wil head for Kangla pass, hidden by swirls of mountain mist. From Kangla pass at 5200m, the magnificent panorama view of Annapurna massif appears remote and forbidding. The Kangla pass links Nar with Manang and three other Bhotia villages in the Neyshang valley.
You will explore the interesting Nar Phu valley, which has about 300 inhabitants who depend on livestock, and till today yak herding is the basis of their livelihood. After visiting this area we trek back to manang, a beautiful village of Annapurna trail, and continue trek to Tilicho lake. After trekking about 4-5 days through Tilicho Lake and crossing two beautiful but challenging passes of this region, we end our trek at Jomsom, where we catch our flight to Pokhara and later to KTM.
This is a fully supported camping trek. Trekkers carry only day pack and walk at their own pace. From Kathmandu to the trailhead Bensisahar we drive in private coach for about 5 hours.
Day 01- Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
Our official representative will come in the airport to welcome and transfer to the hotel,fare well dinner in the evening/N. (View Full Itinerary)
1. All the surface transportation as per itinerary with Airport pick up and drop down.
2. Standard accommodation in all kinds of hotel in Kathmandu on B/B basis as per as itinerary.
3. A Guided city tour in Kathmandu.
3. Full board meal during either camping or tea houses.
4. Twin sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (We will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
5. A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek, required number of cook, porters,and all the expeses for our staff,salary,equipments,insurance etc.
6. Boiled and purify drinking water if you’re going to do camp treks.
7. All special trekking permits & fees.
8. Surface Transfer to and from Kathmandu.
9. Down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel/kit bag(which needs to be returned after the trek.)
10.Welcome and Fare well dinner in Kathmandu on typical Nepalese restaurent with typical Nepalese meals with folk dances.
11. First aid medical kid.
12. All our government taxes.
13. Tourist service charge, vat.
14. Official expanse.
1. Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
2. Your travel insurance (compulsory).
3. International airfare and airport departure tax.
4. Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue.You will require 2 passport size photos.
5. Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
6. Personal trekking Equipments.
7. Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected.
8. Sightseeing/Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
9. Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.